There will be times when we're in the ugly duckling stage of becoming the next version of ourselves, and we can’t clearly see what that next self will be. If we're lucky, we get a glimpse of it. It feels like, "Yes! That's the kind of woman I want to be!" That's the kind of experience I had this week.
My theme for 2018 is:
Take my seat at the table.
On January 20, 2018, at the ripe age of 54, I participated in my very first protest march. This Women's March took place in Newport, Oregon, the town of 10K in which I live. That's me on the far right with my friend Mary Kay.
What does it mean for you to take your seat at the table?
To me it means:
- Unabashedly bringing my whole perfectly imperfect self to this new chapter of life I'm writing, professionally and personally.
- Distinctly speaking up with truth, courage, and authenticity.
- Boldly making decisions with my heart and head as allies.
- Knowing that because I've chosen to speak, my voice belongs at the table.
- Bravely beginning again and again.
What will your actions look like when you believe your voice belongs, when you take your seat at the table?
In the quest of knowing ourselves,
I help leaders build stronger people connections, improve the results they're seeking, and find more joy and fulfillment in their work.
Curious? Let's talk!