My friends, family, and colleagues will back me up on this admission: "I excel at making things more complicated than necessary." And when I do that, I eventually end up stuck in a quagmire of self doubt that leads to asking myself something like, “Where, oh where is that darn easy button when we need it?!” To help myself during those exasperating times, I've developed ways to locate (and push!) the easy button.
One of my favorite benefits of aging is that we get to know ourselves better. As a side benefit, we've crafted tools & tricks for helping ourselves so we can continue blossoming as human beings.
Here are some ways I've been making things 20% easier lately:
- Ask for help.
- It's often easy for the other person to help me, and if not I'm sometimes given sage wisdom that moves me forward.
- Talk with someone about it.
- Hearing the words come out of my mouth, being forced to organize my thoughts for others, being asked questions, or being offered ideas all help me to see the situation from a fresh view.
- Stop trying so hard and take a break.
- Working longer and harder, with scarce food and restroom breaks, does not guarantee excellent results. Stepping away, stretching, eating well, meditating, walking — these are the actions of a focused, creative, productive woman!
How could you find (and push!) the easy button in a situation that's frustrating you? Try it!
In the spirit of knowing ourselves,
Consider hiring me as your coach if you're expanding into a new leadership role at work or transforming into the next version of you. Schedule a complimentary Curious about Coaching session to learn more.