I believe in practical, heads-down work toward what I truly desire, my goals. I also believe that when I'm out there doing the work, unexpected magic can happen to help me.
Here are some most memorable accomplishments.
- Being the best mom I could be to my remarkable son Josh Rommel.
- Running in Portland’s world-renowned Hood-to-Coast Relay, twice.
- Returning to college at the age of 35, for my Bachelors degree, and at 45, for my Masters degree.
- Learning to sail, as my 40th birthday gift to myself during my single days, and then owning a small sailboat.
- Leaving a 22-year career in the foodservice brokerage industry, selling my house in Portland, marrying Keith Matteson, and moving to Newport, Oregon, which led to...
- Working for an amazing non-profit organization called the Sitka Center for Art and Ecology, first as the program manager and then as the executive director.
- Co-authoring and self-publishing the book 52 Ways to Connect with You with my friend Kerri Persich.
- Traveling with my husband for two years on our motorcycles, from Oregon to the southern tip of South America. Curious? Learn more.
- Starting this business solidly connected to my beliefs, values, and heart!